Get started with SEO for your product
In This Episode...
Introducing Steve McLeod,
Dan chats with Steve about a few things including:
- Steve's background, where he is from and where he calls home today.
- The products that Steve runs together with his team.
- Using Search Engine Optimisation as a valuable long-term strategy for people finding out about your product.
- Search Engine Optimisation is no longer one of those activities you find people doing in the dark corners of the internet. Done right, it is nowadays a valuable way for people to find the exact content they are looking for.
- One way to get started with SEO is to talk to people about your product, and afterwards ask them to describe it to you in their own words. Then, using the exact words they provided in their description, create online content around those keywords. That way, the search engines will index your material and start connecting it with the language that people will use naturally.
- SEO is a long-term strategy that you can work on gradually over time and that can provide you with an excellent return on your time and investment.
Check Out Steve's Work
Reach Out to Steve on Twitter
Shout outs this week go to Zoe Heard. Keep an ear out for Zoe in upcoming episodes of Speaking of Products.
Join in With the Show
- If you have a question, feedback or suggestions for a topic, I would love to hear from you.
- I also welcome short snippets about your own product journey which we might go through on the show.
- You can get in touch via Twitter: @SpeakOfProducts or @mrdanmiller.
- Subscribe to the show on your favourite podcast player, or wherever you get your podcasts, by searching for Speaking of Products.
Please Give a Rating
- Ratings help other people find out about the show.
- If you enjoy the show, please consider giving us a rating on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or Spotify.
- Speaking of Products is a creation of Miller Productions.
- I'm Dan Miller and you are a fantastic product maker. All the best with whatever you are working on, and...
- Remember to keep Speaking of Products.
- Thanks for listening, I'll catch you next time.