Turning a Simple Tool into a Growing Product
In This Episode...
- An interview between Dan and Kevin Goedecke on how Kevin started and is growing his product, XD2Sketch.
Kevin shares a number of excellent tips about what has worked for him in starting and growing a product-based business, including the importance of...
- Experimenting with different prices for your product in order to find the right fit between the value people receive and prices they are willing to pay.
- Talking to customers to understand which features to focus on for the product to evolve.
- Meeting regularly with like-minded people that work on similar things to you to share goals and keep each other in check. Helps overcome some of the issues associated with working by yourself.
Check Out Kevin's Work
Reach Out to Kevin on Twitter
Other Resources and People Mentioned in This Episode
Shout outs this week goes to the folks I'm connected to on Twitter.
I'm finding everyone in my circle are fun, friendly, interesting and always open to sharing new ideas.
After all, that is where I initially met Kevin which resulted in this interview - Thanks again Kevin!
Join in With the Show
- If you have a question, feedback or suggestions for a topic, I would love to hear from you.
- I also welcome short snippets about your own product journey which we might go through on the show.
- You can get in touch via Twitter: @SpeakOfProducts or @mrdanmiller
- Subscribe to the show on your favourite podcast player, or wherever you get your podcasts, by searching for Speaking of Products.
Please Give a Rating
- Ratings help other people find out about the show.
- If you enjoy the show, please consider giving us a rating on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher
- Speaking of Products is a creation of Miller Productions
- I'm Dan Miller and you are a fantastic product maker. All the best with whatever you are working on, and...
- Remember to keep Speaking of Products
- Thanks for listening, I'll catch you next time